- About JBBP
- For Parents
General Policies & Guidelines
- 9:25AM: School Begins
- 10:45AM - 11:00AM: First Recess (Grades 1-3)
- 11:05AM - 11:20AM: Second Recess (Grades K, R, 5)
- 12:30PM - 01:15PM: Early Lunch (Grades K, 1, 2)
- 1:00PM - 1:45PM: Late Lunch (Grade 3)
- 1:05PM - 1:45PM: Late Lunch (Grades 4 & 5)
- 2:00PM - 2:15PM: Extra Recess (Grade 1)
- 2:20PM - 2:50PM Extra Recess (Grade K)
- 3:25PM: Grades K-5 Dismissal
Please remember that there is no supervision on the school yard until 9:10AM. Unaccompanied children are not allowed on the yard until 9:10AM.
If you're dropping your child off in the morning, please do the following:
- Pull into the drop-off lane and wait your turn.
- After dropping off your child, move forward until you reach the crosswalk before exiting the drop-off lane.
Do NOT drop your child off in the bus lane or below the school! This creates an unsafe environment. Sometimes buses are late too or need the bus lane for a field trip - please do not stop or park there!
We are working with the teachers to try to ensure that the children all get up to the yard as soon as possible after the bell rings. Never leave your car while parked waiting in the pick-up lane! Please write your child's first name and grade in large letters and put in your front window so that we can easily help you out and call your child for pick-up. Many thanks to our PE Consultant Marc for helping out many afternoons - this is not part of his job but he knows all our children and most of your cars - thank him if you see him. Please make sure that you only WAIT for pick up ON CLARENDON AVE - do NOT park and wait on a neighborhood street - this does not work for traffic - you need to drive around and wait up the hill on Clarendon Ave where there is a passing lane and you will not block local traffic. You are subject to a ticket if you park on the wrong road and block traffic.
Please do NOT park in front of any red painted areas. Do not park outside of the striped zone across the street at the crosswalk - this makes it very difficult for people to make their turns and endangers our children. Police will ticket you.
Traffic & Safety
Clarendon is a busy street. Please follow these basic safety rules:
- Please always use the crosswalk or overhead bridge when you cross Clarendon Avenue! Do not jaywalk!
- Do not use the driveway leading to our disabled parking unless you have a valid placard or disability license plate. We have several families who truly need these few spaces.
- Remain out of the bus zones from 9:10 until 9:45 a.m.; and from 3:10 until 3:45 p.m.
- If escorting your kindergartner or 1st grader to the lower yard in the morning, please enter through the main doors, walk through the lobby and downstairs. Please do not use the exterior door on the ground floor, or the gate leading to lower yard.
PLEASE park legally. Do not double park; do not block neighbors' driveways. It's not courteous or safe, and it's not fair to our office which must field the calls from angry neighbors on Forest Knoll, Panorama and other surrounding streets. Please be considerate and find a legal place to park when coming to school. Thank you!
Street Cleaning Day- 1st & 3rd Friday 10am- 12pm
Be aware that there is street cleaning on our side of
Clarendon Avenue on first and third Friday mornings, and the Parking Officers are very diligent.
The following information may be found in the SFUSD Student Attendance Office Attendance Manual for Elementary Schools (Education Code Sec 46010/48205). SFUSD regulations define the following as valid reasons for excused absences:
- Medical appointments
- Funerals (1 day in CA, 3 days outside of CA)
- Immunization exclusions (up to 5 days)
- Jury duty
- Court appearances
- Observance of a religious holiday/ceremony
- Detainment at juvenile hall or other custodial facility
- Appointments with attorneys, law enforcement officers, probation officers or immigration officials
- When the student's absence is due to a personal or family emergency and has been requested in writing and approved by the principal
- Administrative summons or when detained by other classified or certificated personnel
- Employment conferences or appointments
If your child will be absent or tardy, please notify the school office by calling 759-2796. Please call the school even if you have notified the teacher. Student absences negatively affect our funding regardless of the reasons. When children miss school our site loses $45 per child per day. Please do not schedule family trips during school time. If your child comes to school anytime after 9:25 a.m., please instruct them to stop by the office to sign in.
Lost & Found
Lost & Found is located at the lower level in front of Rm 6. Please LABEL your child's belongings with Name and Rm #. This will help us find the owner. Lost items will be kept for about a month. Any items that are not claimed will then be either discarded or donated to charity. If you are not able to find your item, please fill in the "Please Find Me" card located on the top shelf of the Lost and Found Rack in the main lobby or E-mail the Lost & Found Co-chairs with a detailed description, size, name, contact information and Rm. #. Thank you, Arigato.